216:02 UNSUCCESSFUL +1.75

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 21:19:29 PDT

Renumbered from 216:01 to 216:02.

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Ed Murphy wrote:

> An absolutely successful casting of the proper variant of Forces 2 will
> nullify gravity in a local area, thus permitting levitation.  Of course,
> if it fails while you're thirteen stories up, then the subsequent impact
> with the ground will rearrange your various internal organs.
>
> Each future rule will describe a new power, how it corrupts, and how its
> absolute form is kind of neat.

Validity: Does not prove Arnt Gulbrandsen wrong from Rule 216:01 by
finding a higher power. However, this Rule was submitted so close to
216:01 that I feel that it is reasonable to assume that Ed Murphy had not
seen 216:01 when e posted the Rule. Rule is UNSUCCESSFUL.

Style: This Rule would also make an excellent start to the Round. The
restriction is related to the theme and enforces it. I also like the
restriction a bit better than the one in 216:01. +1.75

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)