Re: 216:10 INVALID +1.25

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen (arnt_at_oryx.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 10:24:02 PDT

Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) writes:

> Since previous Rules have clearly indicated that the United States
> Army is in control of the FRC list server, they have power over my
> judgment. Also, since I live in the United States, they certainly
> have power over me. Of course, the Judge could also have his power
> cut by the power company, or his server melted by the orbital mirror,
> or have Verisign take control of his host (the Judge is a Verisign
> customer), or be legislated out of existence. Rule is INVALID.

The rule did not attempt to show that the Judge is a higher power than
Verisign, merely that the Judge is a higher power than Congress and the
US Army.

None of the Rules so far in this round require transitivity. The mere
fact that Congress indirectly is a higher power than the Judge does not
prevent the Judge from directly being a higher power than Congress.

Please reconsider the judgment.

--Arnt