205:4 (was Re: 205:0.5) VALID

From: Steve Gardner (gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 19:20:09 PST

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Richard S. Holmes wrote:

> 1. This rule takes precedence over all rules numbered with negative
>    half-integers, e.g. -0.5, -2.5, -7.5, etc., but not, e.g., -3, -5.
>
> 2. All future rules which take precedence over any rule or rules which
>    take precedence over this rule must mention wombats.

Proposal numbering may be merely conventional, but it is convenient.
Therefore I'm going to ignore Rich's proposed number for his rule, and
renumber it in sequence 205:4.

VALIDITY:

205:2 No more than 1/2 the statements are claims of precedence -- OK.
205:3 Doesn't try to determine every case of precedence -- OK.

205:4 is VALID.

STYLE for 205:4

+0,5 for being on theme.
+0.5 for the creative precedence claim in (1). For the moment, it's
     empty, but who knows...?
+0.5 for the bizarre but interesting restriction in (2).
----
+1.5 total

--

Steve Gardner                   |
School of Computer Science      |      I've only just realized