Re: Missing "Rule Date" footer on messages.

From: Jesse Welton (jwelton_at_pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 18:54:50 PDT

"Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)" wrote:

> I found the "Rule Date" footer on messages quite useful. Is this a feature
> we can add to the new list?

Arnt explained this:

] The new list does not use 'rule date', at least not in the same way. The
] list removes the 'date' field from any incoming mail, and the 'date'
] you see is added by the MTA as the message goes out from the list. IMO
] this is a better solution, since it works easily with multipart mime
] messages.

So, now it's just the Date: header.  Another advantage Arnt doesn't
mention is that now we can sort by date, and not have to check the
"rule date" order manually.

-Jesse