209:12

From: Ed Murphy (emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 01 2003 - 16:22:20 PDT

> Once again Jesse succumbs to his perennial hybris
                                              ^^^^^^

At this rate, I'm surprised you can even read fantasy rules, much less
write them.  What is this, a portmanteau for "hybrid" and "fibrous"?  One
is inspired to contemplate a Naugahyde couch, and consequently the fate of
the countless Naugas who gave their life that it might be constructed.

> Future rule-writers must describe their own abilities in suitably
> grovelling terms so as to steer clear of Jesse's error and uphold the
> distinction between all of you, and ME.

I remember when the grovel was invented.  I didn't think it would catch on.

There, are those "suitably grovelling terms"?  I certainly do want to uphold
the distinction between me and YOU, though probably not for the reasons you
have in mind.

Each future rule shall quote at least two passages from the previous rule
(whether valid or not), point out at least one perceived imperfection within
the quoted material, and offer a correction.