Rule 213:1 - VALID Style +2.0

From: Matthew Schuler (MSchuler_at_cp.berkeley.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 09:54:18 PDT

Chris Huston wrote (07/25/2003 07:12 PM) :

> Rule 213:1
> The past few rounds have lacked activity, But I have a solution.
> Obviously, the committee members have too much work to do, so we need
> something that will help. The first step is to develop a ROBOT to deal
> with all tedious chores like SPAM, reporting to work everyday, and
> mowing lawns. Future rules will specify various aspects of the ROBOT.
> For instance, the new ROBOT will use thiotimoline for fuel.

Judgement: VALID

Style:
 +1.5 An attempt to capitalize upon the typo of a virginal Judge.
 +0.5 Appropriate fixation upon ROBOTs.
 -1.0 No attempt to differentiate ROBOTs based upon size; no mention of
conflict.
 +1.0 Thiotimoline.
 =====
 +2.0 TOTAL

-----
Matthew Schuler

                      Chris Huston
                      <cmhuston_at_mts.ne         To:      FRC <frc_at_oryx.com>
                      t>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: 214:1 & 213:1
                      frc-bounce_at_oryx.
                      com

                      07/25/2003 07:12
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to cmhuston

Subject:  Rule submission 213:1
Date:  Early 21st Century

Recent excavations at the new World Headquarters of the FRC, have
revealed astounding new information regarding the beginnings of the
GIANT ROBOT BATTLE. During the late 20th century and into the early 21st
century the FRC was a highly respected organization that dealt with
interpretations of legal decisions. At some point, referred to as Round
213 and 214, the FRC discovered the principles of time travel. The
documentation found in the excavation discusses Round 214, but the
discussions themselves are referred to as Round 213. After extensive
study and analysis, the first document is revealed below.

Rule 213:1
The past few rounds have lacked activity, But I have a solution.
Obviously, the committee members have too much work to do, so we need
something that will help. The first step is to develop a ROBOT to deal
with all tedious chores like SPAM, reporting to work everyday, and
mowing lawns. Future rules will specify various aspects of the ROBOT.
For instance, the new ROBOT will use thiotimoline for fuel.

Rule 214:1
ALL WORDS IN THIS ROUND MUST BE CAPITALIZED EXCEPT robot , spam, AND
battle, UNLIKE THE USAGE IN ROUND 213.