Re: 203:1 +1.0

From: Alan Riddell (peekee_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 10:33:27 PST

Rule is a picture in which there is a sign saying "NO DOGS, no not even
little ones" but there is also a dog in the background. I will assume the
Rule is trying to restrict the content of rules as is common, in this case
the "words" on the sign would say there should be no dogs in (any?) rules,
in which case the rule is inconsistent with itself as it contains a dog.
However, the theme of this round is "Pictures not words", so should I
ingnore the words in the picture and concentrate on the non-word content of
the picture? If I do not ignore the words in the picture then this round
will simply turn into a normal round with some added pictures, if I ignore
all word-content in rules then making reasonable resctrictions could be very
difficult.

As such I will wait for further rules and debate before I make my judgement
on this rule's validity, however I will award it +1.0 style.

Judge Alan