202:2

From: Alan Riddell (peekee_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 04:44:26 PST

> ===== begin rule submission =====
>
> A theme of 'begging the question' begs the question of what exactly is
> meant by 'begging the question', since the term is understood
> differently by different people. I propose that we settle, or at least
> explore, this question.
>
> Therefore, each Rule in this round should both suggest, and instantiate,
> an answer to this question, not necessarily the same answer!
>
> For myself, I propose that the authoritative answer to the question of
> what constitutes begging the question is to be found in that
> authoritative source for all FRC-related questions, the FRC Regulations.
> And what makes me think that that the FRC Regulations are the
> authoritative source for all FRC-related questions?  It says so in the
> FRC Regulations!
>
> ====== end rule submission ======

====
Although Steve's Proposed answer to what is meant by "begging the question"
is very well he is being slightly narrow minded, he should also use his
commonsense. We should all use commonsense after all it is only sensible to
do so. Commonsense tells me that to study this question I should consider
the individual words then the phrase as a whole.

Begging means to ask for charity.
Question means an expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.

The Question implies it is the most important question namely "What is the
meaning of life?", an to ask for charity from it must mean, to ask for help
in finding meaning in your life.

Future Rules shall point flaws in the answers given by other Rules.
====

I will get the round summary done soon for 201 as soon as I can.

Alan Riddell