RE: 197:4

From: Leonhard, Christian (Christian_Leonhard_at_ADP.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 10:41:23 PST

Also (when I've judged, at any rate), I've tended toward leniency in terms
of searching hard for any reasonable interpretation (or re-interpretation)
of the existing ruleset as necessary to render a new rule valid. Sometimes
the group will interpret a rule one way, and subsequently, when a later rule
seems to contradict it, realize that the prior rule could be interpreted in
a different way which would still be consistent with all subsequent rules as
well as the new one. Others here might disagree with this policy, though,
so, again, do as thou wilt.

Christian