Re: 196:13

From: Richard S. Holmes (rsholmes_at_MailBox.Syr.Edu)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 12:01:47 PST

"Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)" <jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com> writes:

> I agree with Rich Holmes on this one. As the Regular Ordinances stand now,
> the round would be over. To solve the problem, we'd probably need to add
> something like this to the regular ordinances:

What problem?  You'd let the round end and start another.  End of
problem.  Or propose an override.  (Can a default validation be
overridden, since it's arguably not a "decision"?  I dunno.)

There are lots of ways besides this one to kill a round.  The classic
example is to post a first rule saying "All subsequent rules are
invalid".  One counts on the players not to do that, that's all.  And
if they do, well, round over, start another.

Similarly, one counts on the Judge not to let a rule pass by default
if its inconsistencies will kill the round.  But it's no tragedy if it
happens.

--
- Rich Holmes
  Syracuse, NY