FW: Re: 196:3 VALID +0

From: Jonathan David Amery (jdamery_at_ysolde.ucam.org)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2002 - 17:23:03 PST

------- Forwarded Message
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 17:33:17 -0500
Subject: Re: 196:3  VALID  +0
From: Tieka <cmhuston_at_mts.net>
To: Jonathan David Amery <jdamery_at_ysolde.ucam.org>

on 11/8/02 11:02 AM, Jonathan David Amery at jdamery_at_ysolde.ucam.org wrote:

> Being a numerologist this round has a very pleasing number, being the
> square of 14.  14 is, itself, the product of the numbers of the first
> two remaining archived rounds (at ftp.nvg.ntnu.no).  So, I recommend
> that we should eschew he sillyness of limerics, as 2 is a strange
> prime, but instead follow round 7's lead and make all eulogies shorter
> than those before them, and hope to extend the FRC by minimising the
> space it takes up.

First Nostradum and now numerology. What's next, astrology? Actually this
does seem to fit in with the hard-to-understand sub-theme. Fortunetly
Jonathan spells it out for us. Unfortunetly, he uses nice little words like
'eschew' then mispells even simplier words like 'the'.  The suggestion for
saving FRC could be interesting. I can see at least two ways to interpet
this restriction. It will be interesting to see how this works out. This is
another weak restriction, but does not violate any prior rule(suggestion).
Actually, 196:1 required suggestions, so this suggestion has no less value
that prior suggestions.

+1 for remberance, -1 for silly spelling mistakes (no penalties for
mispelling harder words)

Tieka,
Wizard, Judge, Mortician, Free Mason,
bean counter