Re: Re[2]: 187:6 INVALID +1.5

From: Karl Low (kwil_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 16:05:54 PDT

This comes down to a rule I was thinking about..

Currently there is no rule that says any answer we present has to be correct.
Given that, it is certainly possible to posit a completely incorrect answer.

Which more or less means that I think the Blowbinacci rule is legit.. actually,
it means *any* rule would be legit so long as it presents a riddle, which is
really our only restriction currently.

And actually.. even that can be gotten around, as the relevant restriction in
187:1 simply says "My whole is the form of rules in this round."

'My whole' can be interpreted in several different ways. Does it refer to the
word that the rule was talking about? Does it refer to some manner in which the
rule is presented (eg: one sentence per line, all lines start with the word
"My", six sentences per rule, or some other interpretation..)

Given that the judge has to take into account any reasonable interpretation that
will allow Validity.. this round is still pretty much wide open.

Karl

-------