187:6 INVALID +1.5

From: Jesse Welton (jwelton_at_pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 07:33:02 PDT

187:6   Mark Nau        2002-06-26 18:05:28 INVALID     +1.5

> "And here, everyone, we see an instance of a Blowbinnacci Series.
> Note that it is much like the more reknown Fibonacci Series, except
> for the replacement of the number 6 in place of the 5. This series has
> no meaning whatsoever, so we will quickly pass on to our next display.
>
> We've had top scientists working around the clock to decode this, to
> no avail. All that remains is for some hollywood pretty-boy to waltz
> in and solve the code, and we'll be able to open the StarGate and
> visit other lands.
>
> Anyhow, here it is:
>
> My first two are a man.
> My first three are a woman.
> My first four are a brave man.
> My whole is a brave woman.
>
> Yes, the young boy in the back? Why is your hand raised?"

Validity: Sadly, Jonathan was not the only person to miscount letters.
Mark Nau also blows the 'binacci.  I'm afraid I must declare this
INVALID.

Style: It's a good solution to the malformed riddle, but miscounting
costs Mark any bonus he might have received for that.  Still, I give
this +1.5 for a good riddle, and a devious trick.

-Judge Jesse