Re: 186:2 VALID 2.0

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 09:37:40 PDT

--- Jesse Welton <jwelton_at_pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
> 186:2
> -----
>
> Team Aqua's goalie leaps for the ball to block...  A clean miss!  It
> looks like Teal has scored already with the very first kick.  Wait!
> There's another flag on the field.  What's this?  The referees are
> saying the goal is void!  Apparently, Teal has run up against unique
> restriction number one, that no proper goal may be scored until at
> least two different players have actively handled the ball since the
> last goal, foul, or other interruption of the game.  ("Actively"
> means
> it takes place in a rule authored by the player handling the ball.
> As
> usual, every rule must include such a play.  Note that all eligible
> players, and only they, are Calvinball players.  All future
> references
> to players whose team is not previously known must specify that
> team.)
>
> To penalize Teal's foul, team Aqua scores a Bonus Point, and the ball
> is awarded to the Aqua captain, who passes it to teammate Alan
> Riddell.
>
> -----
>
> -Jesse
>
> --
> Rule Date: 2002-06-14 19:05:14 GMT

Jesse Welton displays excellent technique on the field, taking his cue
from his opponent he deftly writes a rule which is thoroughly
consistent with the opener but immediately raises the stakes and throws
down a challenge to the rest of the committee.  As required it contains
the first unknown Calvinball restriction, but clearly the Aqua team
captain is playing for more than just the Calvinball World Cup.  The
additional and devious restrictions in his rule clearly indicate this
player wants to bring home the Cup AND become the judge of round 187!

Style: 2.0 For good story continuation and excellent restrictions.

* Starting now, I will not award Calvinball points as style points to
the rule authors, (as I did with Ed Murphy when he penalized himself in
a rule), but to their team. Members of the winning team may receive a
style bonus at the end of the round.

So at this time, by my count, the score stands thus:

Teal: 0
Aqua: 1

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca