Re: 186:1VALID +1.0

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 04:08:43 PDT

"The Fantasy Rules Committee" <frc_at_trolltech.com>

Er, let me finish this adjudication properly now. (See below for
commentary)

--- Joshua <j3b4_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Ed Murphy <emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com> wrote:
> > We're off to a controversial start, folks - less than one day into
> > the
> > Calvinball World Cup finals, and there's already a flag on the pay.
>
> > I'm
> > checking with the referees now.
> >
> > Yes, it appears that Teal's wizard of a rookie kicker, Ed Murphy,
> has
> > been penalized two points for Delay of Game.  That goes down to one
> > point
> > if e sings the Very Sorry Song - but e would then be penalized
> three
> > points
> > for More Delay of Game, and having tripped over that one in the
> > semis, e
> > certainly won't fall for it today.
> >
> > Here's the opening kick.
> >
> > And the ball just absolutely goes /flying/ past Aqua captain Jesse
> > Welton,
> > then bounces under Alan Riddell's leg as he misses with a
> deflecting
> > kick.
> >
> > A beeline for the goal.  Of course, each round of the finals has a
> > set of
> > eleventeen unique restrictions, which are hidden from both teams at
> > the
> > start of the round.  We now take you to our man on the field, who
> I'm
> > told
> > will be revealing the first of these restrictions.
> >

> > --
> > Ed Murphy <emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com>          "I'm not sure I can go
> > through
> > http://members.fortunecity.com/emurphy/      with it.  Leave, I
> > mean."
> >
> > --
> > Rule Date: 2002-06-14 05:38:06 GMT

> Movies, Music, Sports, Games! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca
>
> --
> Rule Date: 2002-06-14 10:43:48 GMT

Style Commentary:

I love opening rules which immediately give us a setting or context.
Writing stylish and entertaining rules after that is always easier. A
point for a good sense of place and story.  Another two points for
actually having a kickoff and for hinting to other players how best to
play along, (the eleventeen restrictions).

This is looking good for Ed, until I remembered that he must lose 2
points for delay of game... which brings him to 1 point again.  Better
luck next time.

Movies, Music, Sports, Games! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca