150:6

From: Ed Murphy (emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 14:21:15 PST

Here is another "proof" that 1 = 0:

 j*0     = 1       (definition of j)
(j*0)*0  = 1*0     (multiply both sides by 0)
 j*(0*0) = 0       (associativity of multiplication)
 j*0     = 0       (replace 0*0 with 0)
 1       = 0       (definition of j)     QED

The fallacy is that multiplication is not associative.

The next valid rule must either prove or disprove that

     fc + rc = (f+r)c unless c is a fantasy number

and the next valid rule after that must either prove or disprove that

     (fr)c = f(rc) unless (f = 0 and c is a fantasy number)
                       or (f is a fantasy number and c = 0)

--
Ed Murphy <emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com>          "I'm not sure I can go through
http://members.fortunecity.com/emurphy/      with it.  Leave, I mean."