Re: 198:2

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 09:13:57 PST

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Doug Chatham wrote:

> So, how long does an email need to be to get past trolltech's too-short
> message filter?
>
> No, really, I'd like to know.  Is it five lines, ten lines, a hundred
> lines?  It'd really be nice to know ahead of time how long a %$@$!
> filler I have to add to my submissions to make sure they get through.
>
> Sincerely,
> Doug Chatham

>From the minimal testing I just carried out, it looks like a message must
be a minimum of two lines long to pass the filter. As you can see from my
second message, it doesn't matter how many characters are in either line.
I tried sending a message with about 70 characters of text on one line
(longer than both of my test messages that got through) and it was
rejected. It definitely looks like a number of lines filter, as opposed to
amount of text filter.

In short, make sure you have at least two lines of text in your messages.

Also, it looks like blank lines and signatures are ignored for the
purposes of the filter. You must have at least two lines of actual
content.

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)