169:11 - VALID +1.88

From: Glenn Overby II (guardcaptain_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 07:04:52 PDT

Gallivanting Tripper writes:

>You all can see it's quite relativistic and non-deterministic, and it's my
>turn again.  I roll a 2, which takes my hemp rucksack to 11, the ship space.
>Immediately a gust of wind springs up - I must move all the pieces a number
>of spaces equal to their current square number.
>
>That permits me to trip ahead to square 22a.  As for the others, the Wizard
>remains at Start, Dave moves to 2, Jesse to 6, Rich to 11, Anton to 15, Da
>Judge to 26 bc and Factitious to 13.
>This is complicated, so I'm introducing a house rule.  Every odd-numbered
>rule from now on must list the positions of all the pieces on the board.
>
>--
>Rule Date: 2001-09-30 08:45:07 GMT

The Judgement:

Validity:  No problems.  The source of the gust of wind is not clear, but that does
not affect validity.

Style:  Now I know where my piece started--on space 13 (+0.13).  Helpful rule in
keeping things together, while providing a land mine for writers of half the rules
(+0.5).  Refreshingly brief (+0.5).  Observes its own limitation (+0.25).  A novel
breakup of the blockade (+0.5).  I've been waiting for somebody to do what
Tripper did with the first five words (+0.5).  There is some ambiguity (-0.5), as the
source of the gust of wind is not precise.  A rather impressive Gallivant of +1.88.

Reflections:  C'mon in, lurkers!  Still two days left, and the Tripper just cleared the
path so you can all get on board.  We have the hemp rucksack, the tin
Chihuahua, the Klein bottle, the plutonium horse, the invisible bagpipes, my glow-
in-the-dark bowling ball, and some other cool pieces.  What else will be pressed
into service as a Frantic Racing "Chit"?

Glenn E. Overby II "da judge"
Clinton Twp, MI
http://home.earthlink.net/~guardcaptain/

"Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature,
and we responded with the best of America...None of us will
ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom
and all that is good and just in our world."
   -- President George W. Bush
      11th September 2001