Re: proposals

From: Karl Low (kwil_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 11:45:51 PST

David's proposals:

1: NAY.
*Especially* the way it's worded.  A judge could conceivably direct the
FRC to the Regular Ordinances of Agora Nomic, and declare those to be the
ones in effect for the round (which, since Agora doesn't specify its terms
in "rounds" would effectively take over the FRC)

2: NAY.
Impossible to enforce. As players have shown an amazing amount of cunning
and logistical/linquistic tricks in getting around seemingly impossible
rules, you could never determine if such a rule truly fell into the NSD
category until after the round, at which point it is beyond the time that
a rule can be judged (except by overrule) anyway. In addition, I find the
terminology of "round ordinances" confusing. Do you just mean temporary
additions to the R.O's? (Which happen once in a while)or do you mean the
rules of the round, as the R.O's define them?

Chuck's proposal:

NAY.
Basically it invalidates style points in any round where any eligible
player puts in a rule defining who the wizard will be, unless we want to
go through an overrule process.

Personally, I've always been in favor of granting the Wizard a small bonus
at the beginning of the next round, for instance, a period of 24 hours at
the start of the round during which only the Wizard(s) may post rules, and
formalizing it in the RO's, but I'm not sure how necessary that would be.