225 Summary 1

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen (arnt_at_oryx.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 04:59:03 PDT

Players:
Karl Low, Wizard: Eligible until 2004-06-27 18:41:31, 0.5 style points,
3 cents in hand.
David Nicol: Eligible until 2004-06-28 05:24:24, -0.5 style points, 3
cents in hand.
All others: Eligible until 2004-06-27 18:41:31, 0 style points, 0 cents
in hand.

Rule 225:1:
The very basics of economic growth require some sort of exchange system.
Since in the FRC we mostly deal with words it makes sense to base our
economic growth on the verbiage of our rules. Since economics shows us
that there are efficiencies to be found in scale, it further makes
sense that rather than counting every word, we count complete
sentences. Every complete sentence posted in a valid rule will thus
earn the poster one Fantasy Rule Cent. Further, since there are costs
associated with anything, and the minimal size of a rule is one
complete sentence, posting a Valid Fantasy Rule will cost one cent, to
be applied after the judgement of the rule. So in this rule, I will
have earned 6 fantasy rule cents, but will only have five left after
judgement.

Rule 225:2:
Karl Low may have written "The very basics of economic growth require
some sort of exchange system" but that doesn't make it true. A
preindustrial society nevertheless grows, even without markets. It is
not clear that FRC is ready for monetization: playing FRC, we gather
our wits and hunt for words.

Progress, in a dialectical society, requires clear debate.

Clock to be stopped:
I stop the clock between 2004-06-25 12:00:00 and 2004-06-27 12:00:00 and
have extended legibility by 48 hours to compensate. (If any rules
arrive while the clock is stipped, I will consider then to have arrived
when the clock restarts, in their actual order.) Any players who show
up at LinuxTag while I'm there will get a bonus style point.

(I think that should be it, right?)

Arnt