Re: Round 225: How to achieve economic growth

From: Karl Low (kwil_at_leximortis.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:41:31 PDT

The very basics of economic growth require some sort of exchange system.
Since in the FRC we mostly deal with words it makes sense to base our
economic growth on the verbiage of our rules. Since economics shows us
that there are efficiencies to be found in scale, it further makes sense
that rather than counting every word, we count complete sentences.
Every complete sentence posted in a valid rule will thus earn the poster
one Fantasy Rule Cent. Further, since there are costs associated with
anything, and the minimal size of a rule is one complete sentence, posting
a Valid Fantasy Rule will cost one cent, to be applied after the judgement
of the rule. So in this rule, I will have earned 6 fantasy rule cents, but
will only have five left after judgement.