anecdote 221:b

From: Joshua (joshua_at_bearsend.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 21:50:05 PST

  I completely put off this project at work.  Then finally when other
people started to realize I was the bottleneck I took over the project
completely and started calling the shots to cover how late it was. I
was constantly maneuvering to prevent anyone else on the project from
reporting to anyone outside the project without going through me.
Finally, someone higher up got annoyed at how long the other guys were
taking and asked me what was wrong with them. I said "It's not their
fault. We're behind schedule because I wanted it that way".
  He replied, "Oh, okay.".  That was it.  No consequences at all - I
sure didn't expect that.
  I figure the moral of this story is: "don't do today what you can put
off indefinitely." For the rest of this round all valid anecdotes must
contain a moral.

=====
Everyone knows, when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of u and mption.            -s.l.j in t.l.k.g