215:1 VALID

From: Joshua Bearden (joshua_at_bearsend.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 19:21:27 PDT

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:09:38 +0200 (CEST), Nathan Russell
<nrussell_at_acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:

> Rule submission:
>
> 1. All rules must give a new excuse.  Close duplication of a previous
> excuse (sprained ankle vs. broken ankle, left keys home vs. left wallet
> home, etc) do not count.
> 2.  A Rule may attempt to give an excuse as to why it reached the judge
> later than a conflicting rule, but such excuses will be excepted only at
> the Judge's discretion.
> 3. This Rule is late because the Judge was receiving a flu shot.

VALID.

Style.  1.0

The rule is certainly on theme.  I was kind of expecting everyone to spend
the round making excuises for my own lateness as a judge (My little sister
got married and I had to go to Canada for three weeks to witness the event
and inspect my new brother-in-law. Seems a decent chap.) Anyways that's my
excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Paragraph two appears to be in conflict with the R.O.s as it gives the
judge extra powers to allow an unsuccessful rule to succeed.  However the
Judge's three-day change of ruling powers should allow for this.  And I'm
the kind of judge who always approves of giving myself extra powers.
Muhahahaha.

--
Joshua Bearden,

"Dying should be as easy as falling off of a log." - Jenny Holzer