Re: 216:04 VALID +1.00

From: Richard S. Holmes (rsholmes_at_MailBox.syr.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 07:39:33 PDT

"Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)" <jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com> writes:

> Style: Still building on the theme. Still not adding anything unique as
> far as restrictions go. +1.00

I would never presume to Judge the Judge's awarding of style points.
But I can't resist commenting that, were I the judge, I would be
charmed by the idea of having this be the only restriction in the
round, with rules becoming more and more difficult not because of
added restrictions but because of added difficulty in meeting the
restriction.  Not that there's anything unusual about restrictions
that become increasingly difficult to meet, nor would I want every
round to evolve that way.  I just think this particular restriction
alone could have produced an interestingly quirky, "Can you top this"
round.

But that's not the road we're on any more, and that's fine.

--
- Rich Holmes
  Syracuse, NY