208:5 Wind

From: Richard S. Holmes (rsholmes_at_MailBox.Syr.Edu)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 06:25:45 PDT

Each rule carrying only the Wind descriptor must deal with a real or
potential temporal anomaly, or violation of causality, within the rule
set.  This rule, for example, addresses the following excerpt from
208:3:

> As required, this rule is uniquely identified on it's first line by a
> label including descriptor and identity of it's poster.

Since this rule is VALID, we know the above requirement must exist.
Furthermore, since rule 208:1 is VALID (and this rule, we assume, will
also be judged VALID), we know this requirement must not apply to all
rules.  And of course, none of the VALID rules to date actually
imposes such a requirement.  Therefore we have a causality crisis in
which, in order to maintain consistency, some rule after 208:3 must
impose the requirement cited in 208:3.

And indeed, we find in this very rule the following:

  A rule is a Wind rule if and only if it has the "Wind" descriptor.
  Each non-Wind rule must be uniquely identified on its first line by
  a label including descriptor and identity of its poster.  No Wind
  rule may carry such identification.

The gratuitous apostrophes in the earlier citation of this rule can
only be attributed to reverse temporal distortion.

--
- Rich Holmes
  Syracuse, NY