Fwd: 210:2 VALID +2.0

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 19:30:29 PDT

 --- Steve Gardner <gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au> wrote: > Date: Mon,
16 Jun 2003 11:49:15 +1000 (EST)
> From: Steve Gardner <gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au>
> Subject: 210:2
> To: The Fantasy Rules Committee <frc_at_trolltech.com>
>
> Decades of peace between the neighbouring kingdoms of
> Shankfindartenbeeganthrop and Tregleshontlegong were shattered last
> month after Gorleoshattyedelsboiks, the Shankfindartenbeeganthropian
> ambassador to the court of Karkulaysimforia, the King of
> Tregleshontlegong, committed the gross faux pas of defeating the King
> at
> tiddlywinks.
>
> Piqued by this unforgiveable insult, King Karkulaysimforia
> immediately
> ordered Vorhaymelfeasance, his chief scientist and a figure of
> ill-repute, to unleash upon the unsuspecting population of
> Barhendraflinkmeep, the capital of Tregleshontlegong, the newly
> developed Powdered Earthquake.
>
> Future even-numbered rules must introduce more weapons; future
> odd-numbered rules must introduce more characters with silly names.
>

> --
>

> Steve Gardner                   |
> School of Computer Science      |      I've only just realized
>  and Software Engineering       |      how self-conscious I am.
> gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au   |
>
> --
> Rule Date: 2003-06-16 01:53:23 GMT

Validity: VALID  Fulfills the general restriction of 210:1 as well as
th specific directives for this rule.

Style: 1.0 + 1.0
On the plus side, those names are truly silly. On the other hand it's
going to make my job tough trying to check for consistent spelling if
the rest of the round is spent talking about these countries and the
ridiculous people who live in them.  I'm also not impressed with the
use of "tiddlywinks" in a rule... Oops I take that back.  Initially I
objected to the mention of tiddlywinks as it is such a cliche game used
almost exclusively in literature as "an absurd excuse for war" however
a little googling after tiddlywinks strategy pages has revealed what a
rich and silly game it really is.  Tiddlywinks is wholly appropriate to
this rounds theme and I hope to see more references to this manly sport
in future rules.