re: 211:A

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 21:52:59 PDT

I object to this proposal and therefore abstain from voting altogether.
The spirit of the Regular Ordinances would have been better  served had
the judge appointed a replacement.  I personally see this a transparent
attempt by the judge to prolong his power while avoiding the tedium of
having to judge rules - or even check email for that matter.  This is
precisely the sort of thing I would have done had I thought of it
first.

Proposal 211:B
I propose the judge resigns immediately and appoint me as replacement.

Joshua Bearden (formerly known as "The Judge")

On Thu,  3 Jul 2003 04:57:25 +0200 (CEST), Steve Gardner
<gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au> wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Steve Gardner writes:
> I will be away for 5 days next week, Sunday to Thursday, attending a
> conference.
>
> What's the procedure in cases like this?

Pick one:

1. Propose a temporary override stopping the clock from <date/time> to
<date/time>.

2. Announce that you will, in a suitably low & underhanded manner,
ignore the ROs, and will behave as if the clock is stopped during the
period in
question.

Despite the stylishness of (2), I prefer the legality of (1). [After
all, we're supposed to adhere at least to the letter of the ROs.]

I therefore propose R211:A:

For the purposes of calculating the validity of Rules posted in
this Round, and the eligibility of Players for this Round, no time
shall be deemed to have passed between midnight GMT at the
beginning of Monday, 7 July 2003, and midnight GMT at the
beginning of Friday 11 July, 2003.

This Rule temporarily overrides the Regular Ordinances for Round
211.

Voting commences immediately. I vote FOR R211:A.