R211:4 -- VALID, Style +2.0

From: Steve Gardner (gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 18:23:21 PDT

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Richard S. Holmes wrote:

> "This rule is invalid."  The previous statement is false.
>
> All future rules shall be of sufficiently high quality to receive
> specific personal commendation, posted to the FRC forum, from Rich
> Holmes (rsholmes_at_mailbox.syr.edu) within 72 hours of their posting.
> Naturally, any rule that is so low in quality that it does not receive
> such commendation shall be inconsistent with this rule.
>
> And of course, I commend this rule.

Judgement: VALID

Consistent with both R211:1 and R211:3.

Style:

+ 0.5      Is consistent with letter but not spirit not only of the ROs,
           but also previous rules in this Round.
+ 0.5      Cleverly gets around R211:3.
+ 0.5      Restriction on theme.
+ 0.5      Restriction is quite imaginative.
=====
+ 2.0      TOTAL

--

Steve Gardner                   |
School of Computer Science      |      I've only just realized