Re: 200:10 VALID -0.50

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 21:05:34 PST

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Ed Murphy wrote:

> [200:10 begins below this line]
>
> Here comes an Agent Orange.
>
>            *
>       *    *    *
>        *   *   *
>         *     *
>      *** BOOM! ***
>         *     *
>        *   *   *
>       *    *    *
>            *
>
> That'll last at least three seconds, at most five.
>
> In this brave new era, space is at a premium.  The next valid rule shall fit
> within the McQuary limit (4 lines x 80 characters), OK?
>
> [200:10 ends above this line]

Hmm... A variable length firework. This is a fascinating new development.
It will be interesting to see how we determine when it ends.

Validity: Ok, long breath... The fireworks from 200:8 and 200:9 are still
in the sky, in addition to the firework fired off in this Rule. It is
still possible for a subsequent Rule to be fashioned. It does not attempt
to commence earlier than one second after the previous Rule. The Rule is
exactly 200 characters (excluding whitespace) long. The firework that is
set off during the Rule is a unique color. The Rule does not contain any
FRC Balloons. The Rule does not set off more than one firework. There are
no other fireworks in the sky from this committee member. This Rule does
not lack the launch of a firework. This Rule does not try to begin prior
to the end of a previous valid Rule. There are three fireworks in the sky
during this Rule. This Rule is VALID.

Style: -0.50 for a restriction that I don't like. -0.25 for a restriction
that only applies to the next valid Rule. -0.25 for not following its own
restriction. +0.25 for following the restrictions of invalid Rules as well
as the valid Rules. Doesn't really advance the theme or have a restriction
that relates to the theme all too much, so no Style bonus there. +0.25 for
adding the new twist of variable length fireworks. Total style: -0.50

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)