Rule 200:8

From: Selengut, Jeremy (selengut_at_tigr.org)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 07:42:27 PST

Here beginneth the rule:

Just after the glow of my roman candle fades to black, I launch a "willow
tree".  It will take 2 seconds for the rocket to get to its maximum height
at which time it will explode, releasing precisely 200 spring green
characters or symbols, no more no less, including punctuation, but not
including spaces or other whitespace, which will gracefully float downward.
It will be another 5 seconds before they all fade.

No one may launch a firework while one that they previously launched is
still visible in the sky.  (By the way, the duration of a firework always
ends when it ceases to be visible from the ground.)

So as to avoid overly short duration fireworks, henceforth, no valid rule
lacking the launch of a firework can be submitted from an author who does
not have a firework visible from the ground at that time.

No rule may purport to begin prior to the end of a previous valid rule (one
at a time, please, in chronological order).

Here endeth the rule!

-Jeremy Selengut