Re: 200:5 INVALID +1.00

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 19:58:04 PST

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>                  :
>    ...:::===>   .:
>           .--.  ::
>          /    \ ||
>       /\'  /\  `||      Each rule
>       ||| |oo| |||      must contain
>       ||.  \/  .\/      a depiction
>       || \    /         of an item
>       ::  `--'          present at
>       `:   <===:::...   the FRC
>        :   ##           bicentennial
>            ##           celebrations
>            ##
>            ##
> -----------------------
> (Green Catherine Wheel)

Validity: The firework from 200:1 is still in the sky, in addition to the
firework apparantly fired into the sky during this Rule. It is still
possible for a subsequent Rule to be fashioned. It does not attempt to
commence earlier than one second after the previous Rule. The Rule is NOT
200 characters (excluding whitespace) long, it is 202 characters
(excluding whitespace) long. Neither does the Rule contain the phrase
"precisely 200 characters or symbols, no more, no less, including
punctuation, but not including spaces or other whitespace." Neither does
the Rule contain a FRC celebratory balloon. The Rule runs afoul of 200:2.
The firework that is set off during the Rule is a unique color. The Rule
specifies a restriction that applies to each Rule, but only this Rule
follows the restriction, thus the Rule is also inconsistent with 200:1,
200:2, 200:3, and 200:4. This Rule is INVALID.

Style: +0.25 for advancing the theme. +0.25 for following its own
restriction. +0.50 for a restriction that I like. Total style: +1.00

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)