Re: 200:4 UNSUCCESSFUL +1.25

From: Karl Low (kwil_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 19:15:37 PST

To be honest, the numbering was just my mistake. I was aware of 200:3. So
if not VALID, this is INVALID.

I was also of the opinion that 200:3 is valid through one interpretation of
200:2, while 200:4 would be valid through another interpretation, both of
which could be maintained at the same time as 200:2 does not specify any
interpretation over another - nor for that matter does 200:4 specify that
its interpretation supercedes that taken by 200:3.  That is, you could have
a rule exactly 200 characters long, have a rule that contains the phrase
Leonard specifies, and if 200:4 was judged VALID you could also have a rule
that contained an official FRC celebratory balloon; and any of these would
be valid.

(And should anybody manage to do all three at once, give'em a super-style
bonus :-)  )

Karl

--
Karl Low - Student Research Assistant
CCIS Virtual Helpdesk - Athabasca University