Re: 200:1 VALID +2.25

From: Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) (jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 12:34:58 PST

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Selengut, Jeremy wrote:

> Bicentennial rule submission:
>
> *************************
>
> I set off the first of the fireworks, a blue roman candle, in a graceful
> arch over our FaiR City.  It moves slowly and will burn long - 10 seconds to
> be precise.
>
> Each valid rule shall commence while there is at least one firework in the
> sky.
>
> No valid rule shall make it impossible for a subsequent rule to be
> fashioned.
>
> No valid rule shall commence earlier than one second after the previous rule
> (because the duration of a rule is precisely one second).  [Of course, the
> duration of the fireworks touched off by a rule may last longer, and valid
> rules apply to all subsequent rules for the duration of the round as is set
> out by the R.O.'s]
>
> *************************
>
> -Jeremy Selengut  {HAPPY BICENTCIRCUMNAL FRC!!!}

Validity: No problems here. It is quite hard to make the first Rule of a
Round invalid. Rule is VALID.

Style: Good first Rule for the Round. Sticks to the theme quite nicely.
Has some restrictions that I particularly like, that also stick to and
enforce the theme. Follows all of its restrictions, assuming that the
firework was set off at the start of the Rule and the Rule commenced while
the firework was in the sky. +1.5 for a first rule that sticks to and
enforces the theme. +0.5 for having restrictions that I like. +0.25 for
following the restrictions.  Total style: +2.25

--
Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)