202:1 VALID; +1.0

From: James Willson (jkvw3_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 20:56:17 PST

--- Steve Gardner <gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au> wrote:

> ===== begin rule submission =====
>
> A theme of 'begging the question' begs the question of what exactly is
> meant by 'begging the question', since the term is understood
> differently by different people. I propose that we settle, or at least
> explore, this question.
>
> Therefore, each Rule in this round should both suggest, and instantiate,
> an answer to this question, not necessarily the same answer!
>
> For myself, I propose that the authoritative answer to the question of
> what constitutes begging the question is to be found in that
> authoritative source for all FRC-related questions, the FRC Regulations.
> And what makes me think that that the FRC Regulations are the
> authoritative source for all FRC-related questions?  It says so in the
> FRC Regulations!
>
> ====== end rule submission ======
> --
> Rule Date: 2003-02-12 05:42:45 GMT

Does it suggest an answer?  Pointing us to the "FRC Regulations"
should be sufficient.  How about the instantiation of an answer?
This may be more tricky for me, as I'm not used to using the term
in this less technical context, but there certainly appears to be
an instantiation in the first clause of the first sentence.

VALID, style +1.0