214:3 Invalid style +2.5

From: Chris Huston (cmhuston_at_mts.net)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 12:00:52 PDT

Nathan Russell wrote:

> Submission for 214:2
>
> THIS ROUND
>
> (note that all words in THIS ROUND were capitalized above)
>
> During THIS ROUND, all rules must either put a cat in the
> wrestling rink, and may attempt to wrestle a cat placed by a
> previous rule.  A rule may not declate its own cat unbeatable,
> or set conditions making said cat effectively unbeatable.  A cat
> remains in the ring until defeated.  Every cat must be named and
> described.
>
> I place the cat Mouser on the field; Mouser is declawed and not
> particularly strong, but he will defeat any cat whose name
> contains consonants, since his fur causes severe consonant
> inflammation in other cats.
>
> Nathan

(According to FRC tradition, this rule submission is being renumbered as 214:3)

Since Mouser is declawed, he cannot violate the earlier rule. However,
the rule is inconsistant with itself, so I must rule it invalid.
Specifically, the phrase "...either ...and..." If that AND had been an
OR, then it would make sense. That is too bad, because I liked the rest
of the rule.

Invalid
Style: +1 for Mouser, +1 for a declawed cat with an unusual defense. +1
for being on themed with good restrictions. -0.5 for misspelling -0 for
logic(being rule invalid is enough of a penalty for the logic flaw)

Style:+2.5

Chris,
who used to have a cat named Mouser.