Re: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam... (fwd)

From: Richard S. Holmes (rsholmes_at_MailBox.Syr.Edu)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 05:48:26 PDT

Also: I don't know how many spam harvester scripts use s/-request// to
convert request addresses to posting addresses, but it would be silly
to assume they don't and won't.  The two addresses can be made
entirely different, if only by using a forwarded address for the
request.  E.g. posting address is frc_at_trolltech.com and is not
published on the web; neither is the direct request address
frc-request_at_trolltech.com, but instead
request-frc_at_forwarded.address.net is, and is forwarded to
frc-request_at_trolltech.com.

--
- Rich Holmes
  Syracuse, NY