Re: Round 206 final summary VALID +1.75

From: Jesse Welton (jwelton_at_pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 06:39:27 PDT

"Jeff Weston (Sir Toby)" wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Nathan Russell wrote:
>
> > --On Saturday, April 12, 2003 10:31 PM -0500 bd
> > <bdonlan_at_bd-home-comp.no-ip.org> wrote:
> >
> > > In my Utopia, no HTML-formatted email messages would exist.
> >

> > I'd like opinions on this one - is there a precedence for restrictions on
> > the *medium* in which messages are sent?
>
> I don't see any conflicts with itself, previously posted valid fantasy
> rules, or the regular ordinances. It looks valid to me. If you don't like
> the restriction, you can always dock style points.

The only possible conflict I can see is with the Judge's determination
of the nature of the committee forum under RO 10.  Personally, I
wouldn't consider there to be a conflict.  I would say the rule just
specifies a format in which all rules must be INVALID.  That doesn't
change the Judge's ability to determine whether such messages are part
of the forum.

-Jesse