Re: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam...

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen (arnt_at_gulbrandsen.priv.no)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 03:23:00 PDT

Matthew Schuler writes:
> In order for me to find the mailing list and join, it took a bit of
> wading through Sir-Toby's archives. Mentioning the mailing list in
> the ROs would have the positive(?) point of making it easier to find.
> And send spam to.

The Arnt-sanctioned way is to mention the frc-request_at_blah prominently
on the web, and mention the frc_at_blah address ONLY in the reply to
subscription requests.

Results in a pile of spam to frc-requests, but that's not a big problem,
as long as spammers never find the submission address.

--Arnt