Re: Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam...

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen (arnt_at_gulbrandsen.priv.no)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 01:13:43 PDT

Jesse W writes:
> On 9 Apr 2003,, Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt_at_gulbrandsen.priv.no> wrote:
>>  Some spammers are already using scraped address pairs,
>
> I'm ignorent. What's that?

You scrape address pairs off web pages, and then spam each with the
other address used as 'from'. For example, an address pair scraped from
an FRC archive might result in spam 'to: frc_at_...  from: jessw_at_...'.
Works very well to spam TMDA and ASK users and subscriber-only mailing
lists.

Not much used, yet, but I've seen it several times in the last year.
Seems to be a coming thing.

FYI, I'll be away for a eight days starting Sunday.

--Arnt