206:4 (was 206:2) VALID +2.0

From: Ed Murphy (emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 10:27:05 PST

Nathan Russell <nrussell_at_acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:

> As Steve says, April Fools' Day is a time for jokes.  It is also
> traditionally a time to dance while standing on one's hand, at least among
> certain Martian tribes.
>
> Accordinly, each rule, like this one, must describe a tradition, which need
> not be true.

206:1, 206:2, and 206:3 all describe traditions.  (Pretending to be the
Judge is a tradition!)  VALID.  Note that the final restriction is not
explicitly labelled as a claim, so it *is* binding.

+1.0 restriction that really is, for variety
+0.5 restriction applies to itself
+0.5 restriction applies to past rules
+0.5 Martian silliness
-0.5 first sentence is redundant with 206:1
----
+2.0 total

This judgment and style award replaces the following, which I wrote
before receiving 206:2 and 206:3.

--
Ed Murphy <emurphy42_at_socal.rr.com>          "I'm not sure I can go through
http://members.fortunecity.com/emurphy/      with it.  Leave, I mean."