Re: Round 206:1

From: Steve Gardner (gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 18:47:34 PST

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Ed Murphy wrote:

> > April Fool's Day is traditionally a time for jokes and pranks.
> > Newspapers print fake headlines, etc. So, for this Round, each Rule
> > must, as this one does, make exactly one claim that is false.
>
> What do you believe is the truth-value of each of the three claims
> in this text, and why?

But I believe that statements (1) and (2) are both true. As for (3), if
it's true, then the Rule does not make exactly one false claim, so it's
false. But then, if it's false, then the Rule does make exactly one false
claim, so it's true...

You can regard this as my own attempt at an April Fool's Day prank.

Happy April Fool's Day, Judge Murphy...

--

Steve Gardner                   |
School of Computer Science      |      I've only just realized