Re: 196:12 INVALID +2.5

From: Steve Gardner (gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 16:57:47 PST

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Tieka wrote:

> on 11/20/02 12:19 AM, Steve Gardner at gardner_at_sng.its.monash.edu.au wrote:
>
> > Evermore shall FRC live in my heart,
> > for the FRC'yeh Tablets sayeth:-)
> > rd 33 (NewSpeak) ++good; grayt theem, øryan!
> > To save FRC: begin all eulogies with 'E'. Amen.
>
> A niced little eulogy that satisfies all of the suggestions and most of the
> rules. There is a little trouble with 196:9 and 196:11. 196:9 requires
> everyone to recall a former FRC player, but does not specify when, so I am
> assuming that someday in the future Steve will refer to a former player,
> thus 196:9 is fulfilled.

The reference to Ørjan was intended to be a reference to former player.
But perhaps he is still active here - when was the last time he
participated in a round?

> Unfortunetly, it is not so easy to explain the
> requirenment of 196:11. This rule requires "All rules must give a measure
> that will help defend the FRC..." Unfortunetly, I see nothing in this rule
> that even comes close to "defending" FRC.

I was hoping that, given the tough restrictions on length, that you
would count my suggestion for "saving" FRC as required by 196:1 (which
itself was pretty weak, I admit), also as a suggestion for "defending"
FRC. Oh well.

Steve

--

Steve Gardner                     |  Each writer creates their own
School of Computer Science        |  precursors.