Re: 196:8 INVALID +3.0

From: Tieka (cmhuston_at_mts.net)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 10:16:55 PST

on 11/13/02 1:12 AM, Jeff Weston (Sir Toby) at jjweston_at_kenny.sir-toby.com
wrote:

> Ah FRC... It seems I hardly knew thee. My first memories of FRC start with
> round 187 in July of this year. While I found the puzzle theme
> fascinating, I also found it too tricky to try to participate in it.
> However, my fondest memories of FRC come from round 190. You see, that was
> the round where I posted my first ever rule. Then there was round 191
> where I was a co-wizard with Ed Murphy. Very fond memories... *sniff* I'll
> miss you FRC!
>
> Of course, I sincerely hope that this eulogy is not needed. 196:2 has
> provided us with the excellent suggestion of deciphering the F'rcyeh
> Tablets. I understand that even now, scientists have decoded a portion of
> the F'rcyeh Tablets! The first secret they have discovered may reveal the
> perfect method to keep FRC from assuming room temperature. The name they
> have given the snippet is "Fantastic Rule Cooking". Here is the snippet of
> the F'rcyeh Tablets that they have deciphered:
>
> -----
>
> ...the oven set at 200 degrees. If the temperature of FRC gets anywhere
> near to room temperature, place it in the oven to correct the problem.
> Repeat as often...
>
> -----
>
> All further rules must announce a further deciphering of the F'rcyeh
> Tablets, and name the new deciphering.
>
> --
> Rule Date: 2002-11-13 06:19:52 GMT

Ah, the agony for the Judge. A beutiful eulogy, and it follows the
suggestion (restrictions) of 196:1-7, but alas, it is longer than 196:4. I
wish that I could do more for this wonderful rule, but style of +3.0 is all
that I can do for this INVALID rule.

Tieka,
wiping a tear from my eye.