Re: 185:5

From: Aron Wall (aron_at_wall.org)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 14:54:54 PDT

"Richard S. Holmes" wrote:

  Perhaps my ruling was not sufficiently clear.  The inconsistency is
  not between 185:5 and some future rule; the inconsistency is between
  185:5 and the ROs, because 185:5 in combination with the ROs requires
  that future rules, in order to be declared VALID, must be declared
  INVALID.

True.  Which is perfectly consistent; all it means is that all future
rules must be
declared INVALID.  If the antecendent is false the consequent is
irrelevent.
This would make the rule "Valid, Winning, and No Fun", except for the
fact that
in this round, the Judge can declare rules VALID anyway, even if they
are
inconsistent.

By the way, I hope that your interpretation that the Judge need not
consider
consistency in making a second judgement on a rule is based on this
round's
proposal and not just on the R.O.'s.  If it is the latter, could you
please justify your
interpretation based on the R.O.'s?

Aron Wall