RE: Discussion topic

From: Jonathan Van Matre (JVanMatre_at_oslp.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 10:05:25 PDT

> I think the primary argument against resubmission is that it
> is in some sense a cop-out - in that one has had the benefit
> of the judge's opinion as to the validity of the rule. Some
> judges sometimes only point out one error, but usually a
> judgement will tell you how the rule could have been
> rewritten to succeed. Thus this is just as unstylish as
> posting a private copy to the judge, getting them to vet it,
> and then post the corrected version to the FRC!

That makes sense.  Of course, in this case even the initial ruling of
the judge needed vetting, but even so, ultimately my "fix" had the clear
benefit of input from the judge on precisely what was wrong.  Like
putting together a jigsaw puzzle by looking at the box top versus doing
it blind.

Thanks for the response!  This might be a helpful thing to spell out in
one of the FRC documents on the webpage.

--jvm