Rule 185:3

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 08:17:01 PDT

In an open hearted attempt to neutralize some of the bad feeling that
may be creeping into this round I suggest that we learn from the
excellent examples provided to us by the communist administration in
China who invented the practice of "self-criticism".  By offering
self-criticism we reveal our honest intentions and fair spirit before
tearing mercilessly into the flesh of our esteemed comrades.

To provide a shining example I will admit that even I have a fault.  It
is hard for me to admit but I am a bit of a perfectionist.  You may not
think that's a serious fault - I thank you for your generosity if you
don't - but I feel it can sometimes cause others to look bad  when
compared to me.  For this reason I am ashamed and deeply request your
forgiveness and adoration.

Now, having completed my self-criticism I am free to give a frank
assessment of my fellow committee members.  From what I can see they
are incompetent and fractious.  If their slovenly behavior continues we
may all be heading for irredeemable disaster.  I can only hope that
something is done to make the INVALID rule writers feel a deep and last
shame for their actions.

Anyone who has written an INVALID rule in this round must make a
self-criticism and apologize to the committee in their next rule.