Re: Proposal 185:C

From: Aron Wall (aron_at_wall.org)
Date: Tue May 28 2002 - 12:19:47 PDT

"Richard S. Holmes" wrote:

> "Jonathan Van Matre" <JVanMatre_at_oslp.com> writes:
>
> > PROPOSED:  For the duration of Round 185, The Judge shall have the
> > authority to change eir ruling on any rule, and the style points awarded
> > to that rule, at any time.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not the case that this authority
> is not restricted by the ROs as they stand, and has been used as
> needed in the past?  In other words, isn't this proposal unnecessary?
>
> --
> - Rich Holmes
>   Syracuse, NY
>
> --
> Rule Date: 2002-05-28 19:16:33 GMT

While this is a little unclear, it is my opinion that the Judge is not able
to change the validity judgement of a rule after 3 days have passed.  In
fact, changing a judgement at all it questionable given the R.O.'s as they
stand, but is supported by tradition.  However, the purpose of the timeout
rule seems to be to impose a 3 day cutoff on the Judge's ability to decide
upon a rule.

Aron Wall