Re: ROUND 186 Conclusion

From: Joshua (j3b4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 17:34:09 PDT

--- James Willson <jkvw3_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Joshua <j3b4_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > were not sure who they were supporting.  My judgement is that all
> > players recieve an extra style point if they were known to be on a
> > winning team.
>
> Eh?
>
> I Don't think we have enough information to determine how the game
> ended.
>
> Sure, some parts of the game were documented, but we have no reason
> assume that nothing else happened in the game.
>
> Also, do the RO's really allow you to give out "extra" style points?

I'm certainly open to discussion on this point. I suggested that I
would do this when I ruled on 186:2 and no one objected. However the
argument I had prepared then was that I am not actually giving out
"extra"  style points but delaying the awarding of points to committee
members who wittily contrive to be on the "winning" team. RO7 limits
style points to +/-3 for each rule posted, but does not specify when or
to whom those points must be awarded.  In a four rule game I considered
myself allowed a budget of +/-12 points to be distributed by any
criteria I saw fit for such awards.

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca