Judgement 178:3 VALID -1.5

From: Aron Wall (aron_at_wall.org)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 13:57:39 PST

Alan Riddell wrote:

> 178:3
> ====
> I have a cow hat on my head...  It stops me from shaking my head, else my
> ears would fall off. Future rule makers shall not wear cow hats.
> ====

VALID.
While restricting authors not to wear cow hats might be considered peculiar
in that it is a rather odd rule to impose, I cannot see that the restriction
is very much of a restriction.  It is absolutely unenforcable unless the
author of a rule confesses to be wearing a cow hat in their rule, which is
unlikely to happen to say the least.  Just becuase your restriction is to be
peculiar does not mean that it should also be pointless. -1.5 style.

Note to future rules: if I see a restriction of a dramatically different
kind than is found in most rules, that shall be rewarded.  It is easy enough
to have a restriction be peculiar in the sense of having nothing to do with
anything.

The Wizard