Re: 176:9 INVALID, -1.0

From: Stephen Turner (sret1_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 03:01:53 PST

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Anton Cox wrote:

> To see that "one" is not in base 11, consider the word "twelve". This
> means the same number regardless of the base we are considering - but
> could be written as 1100, 110, 22, 15, 10 to name but a few
> possibilities.

As an aside, everyone thinks they work in base 10!

Did my message that Factitious's rule was too late to count, and that there
are now only two players left, get to the list? I think I sent it from the
wrong address. (Thanks to Arnt, if you forwarded it.)

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01